Dear Blue Heron Midwives Families and Friends,
Like all essential workers, Blue Heron Midwives are continuing to work during the pandemic. While we continue to see pregnant people and their babies in person, our visit schedule has been revised to reflect the current WHO and AOM recommendations regarding care of the pregnant person and their babies and will include phone or OTN visits as well as in person visits. As always, we are available by pager if you need to connect with us regarding an urgent concern
At the Clinic:
- Screening by online questionnaire before every in person visit.
- Mask and sanitize upon entry.
- Arrive on time (not early or late).
- One care partner allowed. Please no children.
- Do not come in if you are unwell.
- Join our group prenatal classes via Zoom.
At the Hospital:
- Masks and screening upon entry. Wear them at ALL times while in the hospital.
- Only one support person allowed for labour and birth.
- No support people allowed for other assessments or visits
- Midwives will call before arriving. Please have your mask ready to put on for the duration of the visit/labour. Partners will also be expected to wear a mask during visits.
- Limit the number of people in the home during the visit, or have them stay in another room if possible.
- If you are planning a home birth, please have the labour/birth space clean and free of extra clutter.
The Blue Heron Midwives