Masking Required: While the remainder of provincial mask mandates will be lifted tomorrow, regional hospitals and BHM will continue to require masking. Thank you for your continued cooperation!
Throughout the Pandemic we have worked to have our policies align with the hospitals policies. As our care partner Grand River Hospital is still requiring masking, we will also continue to require you to mask for all appointments.
The COVID-19 pandemic is not over, and the effectiveness of masking to reduce transmission has not changed.
Updated clinic procedures:
- Mandatory screening by online questionnaire before every in person visit.
- You no longer need to call upon arrival for a second screening. please come on in to the waiting room. The doors are unlocked.
- Arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Please do not come early or late!
- You may bring one care partner with you. Your care partner must also complete the online screening. Please no children if possible!
- Do not come in if you are unwell. Please call the office to reschedule your appointment.
- Masking is still required for all clinic appointments.
Covid-19 Information: Our response to CORONAVIRUS and what it means to you.
VACCINE INFORMATION: Ontario announced that as of April 23rd, 2021, all pregnant individuals will be eligible to register for COVID vaccination appointments under the highest risk health conditions in the Phase 2 prioritization guidance. To see this update please click on Should I get the vaccine?
Blue Heron Midwives is located in Uptown Waterloo, Ontario. We provide midwifery care in Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas.
Traditional Territory Acknowledgement
Blue Heron Midwives acknowledges that our office location and much of our work takes place on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosauonee peoples. Our office is located on the Haldimand Tract, the land granted to the Six Nations that include six miles on each side of the Grand River.
Looking for a midwife? Please fill in our Intake Form. Midwives are in high demand so please contact us as soon as you know you are pregnant!
Connecting Pregnancy Groups: Free prenatal educational content combined with the best of midwifery care! We are excited to be the first midwifery clinic to offer this type of group care in Ontario!
The Blue Heron Midwives are:
- Nicole (Nikki) Drysdale Registered Midwife
- Michelle Duff-McCracken Registered Midwife
- Shirley Grove Registered Midwife
- Megan Bowen Registered Midwife
- Kaitlin Mortley Registered Midwife
- Jessica Kaut Registered Midwife
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9:00 – 12:00 & 1:00 – 5:00
Appointments are not available on Mondays or Fridays.
PLEASE NOTE: If local schools are closed to due weather conditions, our clinic may also be closed. Please call the office to see if we are open. We will leave a message on the answering machine and post on Facebook.
Parking spaces in our lot are limited! Please consider parking on Dupont, Peppler or Princess streets and walking over to the clinic. The parking spots labelled “Blue Heron Midwives” or any other business name are for staff only. Please park only in the spots designated as visitor parking.
Our resident chiropractor is: Dr. Nicole Lederman
Click here to book an appointment with Dr. Nicole.
Follow us on Instagram @blueheronmidwives